Why Join ΑΣΤ?
Women have been joining Alpha Sigma Tau for more than 119 years for one simple reason: lifelong friendships grounded in shared values.
“I never thought I would be the kind to join a sorority, but I am so glad I did. I found lifelong friends and learned the value of being – and loving – myself. I believe that Alpha Sigma Tau is the best thing that ever happened to me.”
– Alumna Noel Netzhammer, Phi Chapter (Southeastern Louisiana University)
Since our founding in 1899, we have prided ourselves on continually promoting the ethical, cultural, social, and professional growth of our members – even during times of more limited opportunities for women.
Being an Alpha Sigma Tau means:
- Connecting to a national network of like-minded women who support you for life
- Personal and professional growth through initiatives like Illuminate, our innovative member development program that is like nothing else out there
- A focus on your safety, health, and wellness with engaging online resources
- Bettering your community through philanthropy and service
- Embracing real leadership opportunities at the local and national levels
In addition to our strong commitment to campus activities and the Greek Community, the Delta Omega chapter is an exceptionally well-rounded and fun group of girls. We love to spend time with one another, whether it be watching movies, going to the gym, studying for exams, going to Penn State football games, going shopping, or grabbing some dinner! I hope that you were able to learn a little about the Delta Omega Chapter of Alpha Sigma Tau and please get to know us a little more and explore our website! If you are interested in Greek life at Penn State Altoona, we wish you the best of luck throughout recruitment. Always remember to keep and open mind and heart when going through recruitment, you will find your home, just as we found ours in Alpha Sigma Tau.